Creating a Purchase Invoice
To create a purchase invoice:
- Search Purchase Invoices or go to Departments > Payables > Lists > Purchase Invoices.
- Click Ribbon > Home > New to create a new invoice.
- Press Tab to have the system auto-assign a new purchase invoice no. or simply click on the Buy-from Vendor No. field.
- Type in the Buy-from Vendor No. or use the lookup button or press F4 to access the Vendor list and select from the list and then press Tab.
- Press Tab to move to the next field and enter the information as required. Terms information is in the Invoicing FastTab if it needs to be different from what is on the Vendor Card.
- Once in the Lines FastTab, the Type should be selected. The options are G/L Account, Item, Resource, Fixed Asset, Charge (Item). Use the dropdown to select G/L Account or Item, or type the first letter of the option and press Tab to select it.
- In the No. field, use the lookup button or press F4 to access the General Ledger chart of accounts or the list of Items in the system.
- The description field will fill in based on the number selected, but can be modified.
- In the Quantity field enter the amount sold and then press Tab.
- In the Unit Cost Excl. Tax field enter the unit cost (if the unit cost does not default from the Item card) and then press Tab.
- Review all the other defaults and modify them if necessary.
NOTE: Hide or Show columns in the detail area to make the system more useful.
- To enter another detail line, click to a new line or hit <Ctrl +> to insert a new line above the current line. Lines can be copied from a previously entered line by right-clicking the mouse and selecting Copy Rows. Add additional comments between lines by selecting a type of ‘blank’ and typing in the description field.
- If the invoice is completed, use F7 or click Ribbon > Home (or Navigate) > Statistics to review the statistics of the invoice .
- To release this invoice, if applicable, for approvals, select Ribbon > Home (or Actions) > Release (Ctrl+F9). The status changes to Released. Once released, no further changes are allowed. It can be reopened order and changes made.
- To Post the Invoice, click Ribbon > Home (or Actions) > Post (or Post and Print). Alternatively each invoice can be entered separately and then posted in batch by selecting Ribbon > Actions > Post Batch and entering the filters to post by.
Viewing a Posted Purchase Invoice
To see the invoices that have been posted in the Posted Purchase Invoices window:
- Click the Actions tab.
- From the Ribbon, click Posted Purchase Invoices.
- Go to the last posted purchase Invoice in the list and click Home > View.
- Click Statistics in the Ribbon to see the purchase invoice statistics.