Making account changes with administration tools
The Administration section of theenables you to change your password, define email settings for how you want to receive request and response emails, and select delegates.
To change your password or notification preferences:
- Click on Administration in the menu bar.
- Click the Change Password link.
The Change Password page opens. It has two tabs: Change password and Notification preferences.
- To manage your notification preferences, click the Notification preferences tab.
NOTE: This section only applies if you are logging into the application using username/password or email based authentication. If you are logging in with your Windows ID, follow standard processes for changing your Windows password and the Employee Center password is updated through that process.
- For more details about the Notifications preferences tab, see the Notifications section.
The requirements for a "secure" password are as follows:
- The password must be at least eight characters in length
- The password must contain at least one special character (symbol)
- The password must contain at least one number
- Your name, birth date, spouse's name, anniversary, etc. (information that is commonly known or easily guessed) should not be used as your password.
- Click on Administration in the menu bar, then click on the Change Password link.
The Change Password page opens.
- In the Old Password field, enter the system default password. This is the password you currently have or that was assigned by the system.
- In the New Password field, enter your new password.
- In the Confirm Password field, enter your new password.
- Click the Submit button.
A confirmation message displays at the top of the tab to indicate the password change was successful.
When accessing the delegate link, you may be able to add or delete delegates or select the types of delegations you wish a delegate to do in your favor. You are able to change start and end dates that apply to a specific delegate. Each organization will be set up in one of three ways.
Note: The way in which your organization is set up in NAV will determine what changes you can make when managing delegates in the .
The table below explains the three possibilities an organization may chose for NAV set up and the corresponding options each setup will enable in the :
|Employee Center Setup in NAV||Delegation Management on Employee Center|
|Enable Delegate Entry||Enable Delegation Type Entry||User can add/delete Delegates||User can change Delegation Type||User can change Delegation Start/End Dates|
- When both Enable Delegate Entry and Enable Delegation Type Entry are set to No in NAV, Employee Center users are only able to adjust their delegates' start and end dates.
- When Enable Delegation Type Entry is set to Yes in NAV, Employee Center users are able to adjust delegates' start/end dates and which items each delegate can manage.
- When both Enable Delegate Entry and Enable Delegation Type Entry are set to Yes in NAV, Employee Center users can adjust start/end dates, decide which items their delegates can manage, and add or delete delegates.
To manage delegates:
- Click on Administration in the menu bar, then click on the Delegates link.
The Delegates page opens.
- Select appropriate dates for your delegates.You may be able to add a checkmark to the specific items your delegate is able to manage. This availability depends on your organization's setup in NAV.
- To determine the items you wish your delegate to manage, add a checkmark to each item.
- Click the Save button at the far right of the row to update all changes. You may be able to delete a delegate depending on your organization's setup in NAV.
- To delete a delegate, click the Delete button on the far right of the row pertinent to the delegate you wish to delete. If your organization is not set up to enable delegate deletion in Employee Center, the delete option will not be visible to you. You may be able to add a delegate depending on your organization's setup in NAV.
- To add a new delegate, click the Add Delegation button. If your organization is not set up to enable adding a delegate in Employee Center, the Add Delegation button will not be visible to you.
- Select a name from the drop down list.
- Add the date range for which this delegate is able to approve.
- Add a checkmark to the specific documents they are able to approve.
- Click the Save button on the far right of the row. If you wish to cancel your changes, click the Cancel button on the far right of the row.
- A saved successfully message appears at the top of the page.
You are able to use Notifications to control notification emails from the approval process used within Finance & Purchasing. If you do not want to receive email notifications, you can block notifications from your account.
- Click on Administration in the menu bar, then click on the Notifications link.
The Notifications page opens.
The system default is to enable approval response email notifications.
- If you do not want to receive these email notifications, click the Yes radio button next to Block Approval Response Email and Block Approval Request Email. This will block you from receiving notifications by email.
- Click the Submit button to save your preferences.