This page outlines all general functions in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, including how to edit, view, delete, and extract information. When you are learning to use Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, it is a natural first step that you know the basic functions and how to move between pages, to make the processes within the ERP system smoother.
There are several features in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 that help you collect the information that you must have, whether the purpose is to analyze it within Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 or to extract it to another program or as a printout.
The following features are available to extract and display information from Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016:
- Drill down - from a calculated quantity or amount (displayed in Flow Fields) to open another window that displays the individual entries that make up the calculated value.
- Filters - to limit the scope of the information that appears in a page or report with one of these three filter types.
- Flow Filter
- Sorting - to organize information in a way that makes it easier to analyze.
- Statistics - to view a summary of relevant figures for each record and drill into details.
- The Navigate Pane - to find, view, and print all related database records from one place.
- Fact Boxes - for displaying related information.
- Reports - to view and print filtered information with many different standard reports for typical business needs.
- Generic charting – to view information on a chart on the Role Center.
- Integration to Microsoft Office products - to manage information in Word, Excel, or another product.