Any page can be exported to Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, by using style sheets. The demonstration database contains default style sheets, but other style sheets can be imported and applied to a specific page.
For example, for the customer card, a style sheet can be set up that contains a default letter, with the address of the customer automatically filled in together with some default sentences.
To send a sales order to Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
- On the Navigation Pane, click Home and then click Sales Orders.
- Select any sales order, and then click Edit.
- Click Microsoft Dynamics NAV > Print & Send > Microsoft Word.
- A Microsoft Word document opens, according to the default layout/style sheet that was set up. In this case, an overview of all FastTabs and available fields with their value is shown.
- Close the Microsoft Word document.
- Click OK to close the Sales Order page.