Absence Confirmation is useful in conjunction with Absence Management and can be utilized when Absence Management is configured and in use. Use Absence Confirmation to enable users on Web Apps to confirm whether they have taken time off or not. In addition, managers confirm if they agree with what an employee that reports to them has submitted for absence.
Configuring Absence Confirmation
Users will need to access absence confirmation for configuration purposes.
To access absence confirmation:
1. Go to the Attendance Plan and expand the General fast tab.
The General fast tab displays.
2. Complete the fields in the Confirmation section.
3. Click OK to save your changes.
The following table provides a detailed explanation of the fields in Confirmation section of the General fast tab in an Attendance Plan:
|Attend. Conf. Cycle Code||This field is the pay cycle code to define the frequency and the periods in which the absence confirmation process needs to be used.|
|Attend. Conf. Term Code||This field is the pay cycle term to define the frequency and the periods in which the absence confirmation process needs to be used.|
|Emp. Reminder Frequency||Enter the date formula that defines the frequency with which employees will be sent reminder emails to confirm their attendance for the period. For example 1D means the employee will receive confirmation reminders 1 day after the cycle ends.|
|Manager Reminder Frequency||Enter the date formula that defines the frequency with which managers will be sent reminder emails to confirm their attendance for the period. For example 1D means the manager will receive confirmation reminders 1 day after the cycle ends.|
Suspending Confirmation Requests
At times it is necessary to suspend confirmation request that employees would normally continue to receive. Circumstances that may require this setup could be when employees go on leave of absence, maternity leave, or when employees are terminated.
To suspend confirmation requests:
1. Go to the HR Employee card of the employee for whom you wish to suspend confirmation requests.
2. Click on Time Attendance in the ribbon.
The Employee Time Attendance card displays.
3. Click to expand the Absence Confirmation fast tab.
4. Add a check mark to the box next to the Suspend Conf. Requests if you wish to suspend the email notifications sent to the employee.
5. Click OK to save your changes.
NOTE: Adding a check mark to Suspend Conf. Requests is manual. It is possible to automate this step by adding an HR Function to do this. See Attaching an Attendance Plan to an HR Request for further details.
The following table provides a detailed explanation of the fields in the Attendance Confirmation fast tab of the Employee Time Attendance card:
|Attendance Conf. Approver||This field links to a person who will approve whether the absence information provided is correct or not in Absence Confirmation on Web Apps.|
|Suspend Conf. Requests||A check mark in this field suspends email notifications sent to the employee.|
Enabling the Automatic Processing of Confirmation Requests
It is possible to automate the processing of confirmation requests by configuring Job Queue entries.
To automate the process of confirmation requests:
NOTE: NAS Server needs to be installed and functional for Job Queue entries to work.
1. Search for Job Queue Entries.
2. Click New.
3. In the Object Type to Run field of the General fast tab, select Codeunit.
4. In the Object ID to Run field, enter 23032860 (TS Confirm. Reminder Process).
5. Enter a Description. For example: Absence Confirmation.
6. Enter a value in the Priority field.
7. Configure the Recurrence fast tab with the frequency of running the report.
NOTE: The No. of Minutes between Runs should be greater than the minutes between Staring Time and Ending Time to ensure the process is run only once.
8. On the ribbon, click on Set Status to Ready to activate the Job Queue.
Setting Pay Cycle Period Email Dates
Users may need to verify or edit dates when employees and approvers receive email notifications for Pay Cycle Period confirmation records.
To view and edit notification dates on pay cycle periods:
1. Type Pay Cycles in the search field.
2. Click on the Navigate ribbon and click on Terms.
3. In the Pay Cycle Terms card, click on the Navigate ribbon and click on Pay Cycle Periods.
The Pay Cycle Periods card displays.
4. View or edit the dates in the Employee Absence Conf. Dates and the Approver Absence Conf. Date for the specific Pay Cycle Period you wish to view/edit.
5. If you have edited something, click OK to save your changes.
NOTE: Employee Attendance is the column that displays the date at which absence confirmation records will be created for the pay cycle period and term and an email sent to the employees.
NOTE: Approver Attendance is the column that displays the date on which an email will be sent to the approvers to confirm employee's attendance.
Configuring Web Apps Email Notifications
Users will need to configure the text for email notifications that will show up in Web Apps.
To configure Email notification text:
1. In the search field, type HR Setup.
The HR Setup card displays.
2. Click to expand the Attendance Plans fast tab.
3. Add the text you wish to have display in each of the possible types of absence confirmation emails that may be sent.
4. Click OK to save your changes.
The following table provides a detailed explanation of the fields in the Absence Confirmation section of the Attendance Plans fast tab in the HR Setup:
|Emp. Absence Conf. Email Body||This is the body of the absence confirmation email sent to the employee.|
|Emp. Absence Conf. No Entries||This is the message that is displayed to the Web Apps users when the employee does not have any absence entries for the period.|
|Emp. Absence Conf. w. Entries||This is the message that is displayed to the Web Apps users when the employee has absence entries for the period.|
|Appr. Absence Conf. Email Body||This is the body of the absence confirmation email sent to the employee absence confirmation approver.|
Adding the HR Function to Termination
A new HR Function to suspend employees from absence confirmation has been created. Users will need to be add it as a process function to Termination.
To suspend employees from absence confirmation via an HR Function, follow the steps in Setting Up HR Functions - Organization Specific Data. In this case, you will be setting up process function 47.
Manually Processing Email Confirmations
It is possible to manually send emails confirmations. If users would like to process email confirmations manually the following setup needs to be configured.
To manually send confirmation emails:
1. Type Absence Confirmation Entries in the search field.
The Absence Confirmation Entries displays.
2. Click on the Action ribbon.
3. Click on Absence Confirmation Process in the ribbon.
4. Confirm that you wish to proceed by clicking Yes in the communication box.