Before an organization can begin using My Tax Forms on the portal to make T4 forms available to their employees, users must perform configuration steps to set up My Tax Forms for the particular organization’s requirements.
T4 Report Setup
Organizations can run a report that can print T4 forms and publish them on Altus Employee Portals.
To Run a Report for T4s:
- Search for T4 AEP in the Search box.
The following report options display
- In the Options fast tab type in the year for which the T4 pertains
- If you would like to Test Print add a check mark to this field
note: T4 and T4A reports print on a preprinted form which can be used for printing T4 and T4A forms without making them available on the portal.
- The system will Check for invalid SIN numbers if the field is checked
- Expand the AEP Options fast tab.
- Add a check mark to the Create AEP Copy field if you wish to enable employees to access their T4 on the portal.
notes: When generating T4s to be displayed on Altus Employee Portals if Create AEP Copy field is checked, the following limitations apply:
- Preview is not allowed
- Employees Per Page: Option Two per page is not allowed
- Test Print is not allowed
Generating T4s for Altus Employee Portals
Organizations can create a copy of the T4 to be displayed in the portal for access and viewing by employees.
To create a Copy of the T4 in the Altus Employee Portals:
- In the AEP Options fast tab of the Edit - T4 AEP page add a check mark in the Create AEP Copy field.
- To generate the data click on the Print button drop-down and select PDF
- To view the generated reports type Tax Forms AEP in the Search field
The report is saved in the following table/page which displays:
AEP then reads this table to display the document to the employee in My Tax Forms. For more details about accessing and viewing My Tax Forms on the portal please go to the section called: Viewing My Tax Forms in Altus Employee Portals.