Below are details for how to set up and use the Association functionality. Any items that apply only to the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) association are indicated with OCT.
To set up an association, complete the following steps:
1. In the Search box, type Association and select the object from the list
2. Click the New button to add a new line and enter the details of the new association.
3. Check the Use Professional Association No. field to connect the association with the Prof. Association No. field from the HR Employee.
NOTE: If this Association is for OCT, this field must be checked for the integration to function properly.
4. Setup the association’s status by clicking the Association Status button. The Association Status page displays. Complete the fields and indicate which association is in good standing by checking the Good Standing Status field.
The following setup has to be completed for the integration to work:
1. In the Location Card, complete the Alternative Location Code field with the Ministry ID No.
NOTE: This value must be filled out for all locations that have OCT members for the integration to function.
2. In the Qualifications page, enter the qualifications manually or have the system synchronize them with the OCT list of qualifications. The synchronization happens via the
Alternate ID field so all participating qualifications must have this value filled in.
Configuring the Integration Setup
1. In the Search box, type Integration Setup and select the object from the list.
2. Expand the ON – College of Teachers fast tab and complete the following fields:
Service Address - a typical address for OCT is provided below:
Board No. - enter the number that OCT uses to refer to your Board.
Association Code - select the code that was set up for OCT in the Association list.
Using Employee Associations Functionality
Manually Adding Association Detail to an Employee
1. In the Search box, type Employee Association and select the object from the list.
2. Click the New button to open a new blank line on the list.
3. Choose an Association Code and Employee No., enter the Registration No. of the Association and other information for the employee.
4. Click OK.
NOTE: If the integration to the Professional Association No. has been turned off, and the value has already been filled out in the HR Employee, the field Registration No. in
Employee Associations will be filled out automatically.
Reviewing the status of Employee’s with their associations
Use the Association to review a list of all employees in Good Standing or not. Both fields No. of Good Standing and No. Not Good Standing show the number of standing’s status. Click the number in the line to drill down the values of individual employee’s status.
Users can add a stack in the HR Manager Role Center to display the number of employees who are Not in Good Standing at their employee association. To customize the role center to show such a stack, follow the steps below:
1. Open the HR Manager Role Center.
2. Click the blue button at the left top of the page. A drop down list of options displays.
3. In the drop down list, click Customize > Customize This Page. The Customize the Role Center dialogue opens.
4. In the Customize the Role Center dialogue, click Activities > Customize Part…. The Customize Activities dialogue opens.
5. Choose Not in Good Standing Emp. Associations from the left column, then click the Add button.
6. Click OK.
Running the OCT Integration
The OCT integration is a set of web services that can either be run manually or can be scheduled to run on a periodic basis. These web services perform the following functions:
- Untag All Employees
- Tag All Employees
- Get List Qualifications
- Get Employee Qualifications
1. In the Search field, type Association and select the object from the list.
2. In the Home ribbon, click the OCT Integration button. The OCT integration dialogue displays.
The table below provides detail on each of the fields in the OCT Integration dialogue.
UnTag All Employees
Un-tag all employees in the OCT Database (in order to update OCT with only current employees at the board). This method will remove all employees associated with the board in order to ensure that only active employees are tagged.
Tag All Employees
Tag all Current employees in the OCT Database. This method will re-associate all current employees with the board in OCT.
Update the statuses on the Employee Association record from data within OCT. This method will update the status in NAV with the current status the employee has with OCT (Good Standing, Not in Good standing etc.)
Get List Qualifications
Import all Qualification code master form OCT. This method will import all qualifications codes in the OCT system as Qualification codes in Dynamics NAV.
Get Employee Qualifications
Update employee records with the qualification data stored in OCT. This method will download and update an Employee’s record with all of the qualifications that are available in OCT for this employee.
Manually Triggering the OCT Integration Function
To manually trigger the OCT Integration function, open the Association list and click the OCT Integration button in the Home ribbon.
To Schedule the OCT Integration Function
To schedule the integration, the Job Schedule must be set up on the NAS to run Codeunit 23032203 - OCT Integration on the desired schedule.
NOTE: NAS Server needs to be installed and functional for Job Queue Entries to work.
1. In the Search box, enter Job Queue Entries, and then choose the related link.
2. Click the New button on the action pane to create a new Job Queue Entry.
3. Click the small arrow on the far right of the band to expand the General Fast tab.
- In the Object Type to Run field, choose Codeunit from the drop down list.
- In the Object ID to Run field, enter 23032203. The Description field will automatically be populated.
- In the Priority field, enter a value.
4. Click the small arrow on the far right of the band to expand the Recurrence Fast tab.
- Choose the days of the week and Starting/Ending Time for running the report.
- Click the Set Status to Ready button on the action pane to activate the Job Queue.
5. Click OK.