General Ledger and Dimensions
- This gives you the basic functionality necessary for setting up your organization and posting to the general ledger, chart of accounts, general journals, VAT facilities, recurring journals, and source codes.
- Add more dimensions to the general ledger for greater flexibility when working with analytical tools, and define default dimension values and rules for all account types to help you easily add dimensions to all transactions.
General and Recurring Journals, Imports, and Approvals
- Record general and recurring journal entries in the application, and import entries from Excel in various formats, or copy and paste directly from Excel.
- When more control is needed in your department, turn on approvals so that general and recurring journal transactions must be approved before they can be posted.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Get rich insight into your financials with a comprehensive analysis of general ledger data across easy-to-used pivottable-like interfaces.
- Choose how you want to view and analyze your data with flexible row and column definitions which can be easily combined to generate comprehensive financial statements.
Bank Account Management
- Define currencies and set up bank account information within the application.
- Add specific attributes such as electronic funds transfer (EFT), check printing with signatures, and bank reconciliation formats when defining bank account information.
Bank Account Reconciliation and Integration
- Easily import bank statement data from electronic files sent from your bank.
- Reconcile your bank statement data automatically to open bank account ledger entries and keep track of all bank statements.
- Easily receive funds that are tied directly to accounts receivable, record miscellaneous payments, and issue receipts.
- Receipts can be issued in printed form or emailed to recipients.
Cash Flow Forecasting
- Get greater accuracy in predicting how your organization’s liquidity will evolve over time.
- Cash Flow Forecasting consists of cash receipts (the money you expect to receive) and cash disbursements (the money you expect to pay out plus the liquid funds you have available).
- Record deposits to the bank and easily relate them to funds received from a client by applying them to invoices or as general payments that can then be coded directly to G/L Accounts.
- Deposit lines can be entered directly or quickly imported from Excel. When more control is needed in your department, turn on approvals so that Deposits transactions must be approved before they can be posted.
Donation Tax Receipts (Simple)
- Donation tax receipts can be generated for specific deposit lines after the deposits are posted. This feature supports occasional tax receipt generation.
- Support multiple budgeting and forecasting cycles or revisions during the year.
Budget Creation and Excel Imports/Exports
- Centralized budget creation tools help to easily create budgets based on prior period information with adjustment factors.
- Easily export budget data to Excel or import additional portions of the budget into your solution.
Budget Statuses and Imports
- Budget statuses provide an efficient way to control your organization’s costs by providing visibility and insight into budgeted and actual costs of operations, departments, programs, and projects.
- Your solution synchronizes cost information with the general ledger and then allocates that information to different cost centers and cost objects
Budget Adjustment Journal and Imports
- Record balanced changes for budgets that have been finalized and approved by the board.
- These changes force debit and credit entries and can be loaded from a spreadsheet or entered manually to ensure that any changes to the budgets are transfers only.
- Budget Commitments are fully integrated with Purchase Orders and Budget Checking. When a PO is released, commitment entries are automatically created and adjusted as invoices are posted against the PO, reducing the outstanding commitments for the Purchase Order.
- Set up records for vendors that include multiple order addresses, multiple EFT bank accounts, preferred items, default G/L accounts, payment methods and payment terms.
- Manage multiple contacts for a single vendor and easily track notes and comments related to that vendor.
Purchase Invoicing and Credit Memos
- Create invoices for charges from vendors and link them to batches for filing purposes. Includes integration to the general ledger, purchase orders (via receipts), fixed assets, inventory and expenses.
- Calculate taxes when applicable and easily calculate foreign currency invoices and convert to home currency.
Document Scanning Recognition Integration
- The Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Cloud Data Service can extract vendor information, invoice number, and total amount information and import these basic vendor invoice details into the system.
Pre-Paid Expense Deferral Posting
- Set up Pre-Paid Expense Deferral Plans and attach them to a transaction line.
- When used, a single expense line will post to the balance sheet and defer the expense for the number of periods specified in the plan.
Payment Request and Expense Claim Processing
- Easily review an inbox of pending payment request transactions, review details of the transactions, and use a function to create a purchase invoice or credit memo.
- Expense Claims include integration to corporate credit cards with the ability to pay for the full amount on the credit card and then categorize the transaction details. Once categorization is complete, the amounts are re-classified to the appropriate expense accounts.
Electronic Funds Transfer with Email Notifications
- Your solution supports electronic funds transfer within Accounts Payable, including sending automatic email notifications and attached remittances.
- Client management is fully integrated with Accounts Receivable and supports the tracking of multiple ship-to addresses, sell-to and bill-to relationships, multiple contacts, payment methods, and payment terms.
Human Services Invoicing/Billing
- Generate invoices for cost recoveries, rentals, or miscellaneous charges.
- Easily customize your invoicing document using Microsoft Word and set up specific formats for different clients.
- Set up preferred methods for individual clients to receive invoices, including printed documents or emailed invoices as an attachment.
Deferred Revenue Posting
- Set up Deferred Revenue Plans and attach them to a transaction line. When used, a single revenue line will post to the balance sheet and defer the revenue for the number of periods specified in the plan
Client Statements and Reminders
- Generate client statements and easily issue reminder documents to clients, charging late payment fees on the invoices as needed.
- Set up or import inventory and stocked items, including standard stock quantities, re-order points, quantity on hand, lot tracking, serial number tracking, and warehouse management.
Item Purchases and Sales
- Easily track the purchase of items and use requisitioning to consume inventory in-house and charge the item against specific dimensions.
- Vendor management is fully integrated with Accounts Payable (same record) and supports the tracking of multiple order addresses, vendor prices, discounts, expense types, and locations.
Purchase Requisition Processing
- Administrative staff can efficiently review all requisition and payment requests in progress and process fully approved documents through purchasing or accounts payable.
- Requisition can easily be sent to the originator to be edited and re-posted if something does not meet your organization’s policies.
Purchase Orders and Approvals
- Purchase Order entry includes an integrated process for converting Purchase Requisitions to one or more Purchase Orders.
- Approval workflows support the easy tracking of the buyer’s signing authority to issue Purchase Orders.
Tendering and Purchase Quotes
- Establish tenders and create quotes for multiple items and then issue them to multiple vendors.
- Track the responses from the vendors and select who to award all or some lines to within the quotes.
- Create Purchase Orders directly from within the quote and track information back to the original source requisition.
- Automate some or all Purchase Orders by establishing business rules based on amount or order type.
- When a Requisition meets the appropriate criteria, the system can convert the Purchase Requisition into a Purchase Order and automatically email the PO as a PDF attachment to the vendor without manual effort.
- Establish blanket orders or contracts with a vendor that can be drawn from and adjusted as POs are issued against it.
- Record partial or full receipts of goods and services against a specific purchase order. Invoicing receipt lines can be used to comply with three-way matching of orders, receipts and invoices.
- Set up Assets that can be integrated with Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger for purchase and depreciation of assets.
- Set up multiple depreciation books and determine which ones are integrated to the General Ledger.
- Set up specific unique assets for higher value items, or set up pooled assets to accumulate costs for a category of Assets.
- Efficiently link unique assets together with Main Assets and Components relationships.
- Easily calculate depreciation of Assets using flexible depreciation methods.
- Track maintenance costs against an asset. These costs track against the asset for analysis purposes but don’t increase the acquisition costs or affect the depreciation.
Advanced Financial Reporting
- Create easy-to-understand reports from scratch or copy an existing report to use as a starting point. Every report can be customized to be tailored to a specific audience.
- Generate visually-stunning reports that can drill down to source data in the full application.
Manage - Finance Optional Modules
Online Expense Claims
Expense Claims Entry
- Employees can quickly and easily enter expenses and claims for reimbursements for expenses online.
- Policies and rules defined within the system for mileage, receipt, and tax handling will automatically trigger workflow approval for budget availability on transactions.
- Employee email notifications notify management of required approvals.
- Your solution supports receipt attachment, smartphone pictures, links to specific expense lines, and will generate warnings for missing receipts.
Expense Claims Processing
- Administrative staff can easily review all expense claims in progress and process fully approved claims through
- If there are errors or items that don’t meet your organizations policies, employees can simply update the incorrect lines and then re-process the transactions without re-entering expense details
Corporate Credit / Purchase Card Integration
- Corporate credit or purchase cards are integrated so that transaction receipts are imported to the system and queued for the employee to categorize.
- Transactions are paid off immediately and posted to a clearing account and, when categorization is received, the amounts are re-classified to the appropriate expense.
- Employees have the ability to split lines between personal and business and combine both credit card and out of pocket expenses on the same claim.
Project and Grant Accounting
Grant and Project Management
- Easily track all projects or grants that your organization is managing or receiving.
- Manage the status of these grants including pre-award tracking and determine at what status the integration to the General Ledger is turned on.
- Track multiple contacts related to the project that may include either internal (employee) or external contacts. Contact types can be specified to define contacts such as Primary Investigators or other related parties.
Funding Sources and Payment Schedules
- Define multiple funding sources for the project and record the payment schedule expected from the funder.
- Use the “Create Budget from Payment Schedule” feature to easily budget for incoming revenue.
- Projects are fully integrated with Budgets, Commitments, Requisitions and Actuals so you have full details on the status of each grant or project in real time.
- Use the financial analysis portal to create a view for the grant and assign to the appropriate employee in the organization who will be monitoring the grant.
Project Tasks / Deliverables
- Track specific tasks such as financial or progress reports for a grant or project and update when completed.
Purchase Requisitions and Payment Request
- Provide employees with access to enter Purchase Requisitions or Payment Requests and the ability to check their budget in real time.
- Enforce your purchasing policies with flexible workflows that include email approvals for amount thresholds and/or budget availability.
- Reduce error by employees by importing specific vendor catalogs or setting up expense types for general categories with default account codes and tax treatment.
- Attach electronic documents at any stage in the process and have them transferred along to related documents in the process.
- Provide your employees with the ability to view Purchase Orders online for the lines they have security access to.
- Employees can enter receipts of goods and services and post these receipts from Employee Self-Service to ultimately support three-way matching of Purchase Orders, Receipts, and Invoices for Accounts Payable.
- Employee Self-Service gives employees permission to record deposits of funds to a bank account, print a deposit slip, and post the deposit so that the bank accounts are updated with the details.
- Provide employees with real-time budget data for any combination of dimensions (segments) in your General Ledger.
- Budget managers can access real-time budget vs actual details, including the ability to drill down to source documents and even view electronic images of the source documents (with Integrated Document Imaging).
- Secure access to specific departments, projects, cost centers, or grants.
- Give permission to budget managers to make timely and proactive decisions by providing them real-time access to budget to actual information.
- Budget managers can drill back to source data, filter on dates, and export details to excel.
Advanced Document Imaging
- Document imaging converts paper documents into digital copies and helps you easily store, access, and manage them electronically.
- Manage electronic document process workflows, handle automated document retirement, and support easy document sharing, viewing and annotation
Financial Business Intelligence
- Get the full picture across different data sources in seconds, and see all of your data—from summary statements to account-level details—in a single view.
- Drill down into specific regions or segments and make decisions faster with real-time updates.