- Gain better control and visibility over staff qualifications, by defining all qualifications to be tracked for your staff.
- Maintain ongoing qualifications for employees, and keep track of required and expiring employee qualifications using robust alerts, dashboards and reports.
- Review employee specific absence balances at a glance based on attendance plans. See more details under Absence Management.
Assigned Company Items
- Effectively report and track on company owned items assigned to each employee at any time in order to gain better visibility into company items that are issued. These items can include pass cards, keys, laptops, computer, IT items, or smartphones.
- When an employee is hired, the system creates a list of items that need to be assigned. The same process applies during termination
- Create onboarding or ongoing tasks, and assign them to an employee group (Employee, Manager, HR, or Payroll) to keep track of the type of tasks within the company. To help reduce manual workload and mistakes, tasks are automatically created and assigned to each employee based on their employee group during the hiring process.
- Reduce your administrative overhead by providing self-serve access for employees that includes links to forms that need to be filled out by new employees and returned to the HR department.
Employee Discipline Tracking
- In a secure and confidential manner, track disciplinary measures taken against employees using notes, attachments, or specific tracking codes to ensure that proper disciplinary processes are met in your company.
Employee Self-Service Integration
- Employee Self-Service accounts are automatically created for new employees based on employee type, which saves time and reduces workload for your HR staff.
A/P Expense and Bank Integration
- When employees are hired, expenses capabilities and banking information are automatically setup and synchronized to avoid headaches for your HR team.
Jobs, Positions, Departments and Categories
- This offers you the flexibility to structure HR data in a way that makes sense for you by leveraging relationships, hierarchies, and business rules.
- Manage unions effectively by creating and defining unions, linking them to positions, and calculating payroll based on its data. Enjoy robust tracking by linking employees with multiple assignments to different unions simultaneously.
Pay Structures (Step/Grade)
- Take control of your pay structures in a simple and organized manner by defining pay grids supported by your union or employee agreements, updating grids after negotiations, and applying updates to employee groups.
- Track Fixed Grids or Min/Max type grids and link them to appropriate positions.
Position Budget and Assignments
- Gather rich insight into your company in order to make better budgeting decisions. Record, report, and analyze budgeted positions, understand vacancies by reviewing budget vs actual data assigned to positions, and enter and post budget data or import from excel as part of your budgeting and planning process.
- Get robust tracking by setting up assignment allocations for employee pay data across multiple departments or cost centers (dimensions) while ensuring employees only have a single position. Use the allocation keys to define both direct and indirect costs.
HR Requisitions and Processing
- Easily track all major HR transactions and workflows in your organization including Hire, Details Change, Assignment Change, Termination, Payroll Entry, and Messaging. Give stakeholders better control and insight by providing access to and using workflows to automatically send them these transactions.
Benefit Plan and Details
- Efficiently define benefits plans, components, default selections, and waiting periods for each plan offered by your organization. To reduce manual effort and human error, use HR Requisitions to attach a plan to a position, which automatically applies the benefits plan to all employees under that position.
Employee Benefits Details
- Increase visibility into your company’s benefits details by editing benefits plans attached to each employee, such as effective dates and elections for employees, and allowing employees to view this information when they sign on to Employee Self-Service.
Attendance Plan Definition
- Effectively create and manage attendance plans for employees and maintain business rules associated with them.
- Track details you need, such as causes of absence, entitlement, and consumption (including sequencing and top ups) to get greater visibility into your attendance plans.
- Assign plans to an employee with HR requisitions for transactions, and report and analyze absence data as it is collected.
Entitlement Plan and Creation
- Easily generate employee entitlements based on attendance plans, which provides you the flexibility to edit details before applying entitlements and override entitlements if necessary.
End of Year Processing
- Gain control of end-of-year processes by establish end of year entitlement rules, and reduce your workload by running a batch process that applies these rules to employee entitlements.
Absence Requests and Approvals
- Give employees the ability to view their own balances for sick, vacation or any other type of entitlement and then enter their own absence requests.
- Effectively control activities related to absences, including absence requests entries that trigger calculations for duration, and visibility into absence balances and consumption.
- In order to obtain up-to-the minute information without adding workload, managers are automatically notified about required approvals through email, and employees are informed when entries are approved or denied.
Appraisal Plan and Relationships
- Manage employee performance appraisal plans effectively and make managers’ lives easier by prompting them to complete appraisals and reminding them about upcoming appraisals.
- Track employee appraisal history in a detailed and organized manner using attached documents and completed details.
Integration with Manager Self-Management
- Display pending appraisals to managers in an easy-to-read way, and give managers control over the process by linking supporting documents, marking appraisals as “complete”, and tracking whether HR approved the process.
Collective Agreement Management
- Create and track Collective Agreements, Articles, and Sub Sections efficiently, and easily define team members and leadership representatives for these documents.
- Manage grievances effectively by creating grievance records and tracking responses and timelines. Track follow up activities and costs, report on outcomes, and analyze grievance data to determine sections of the agreement that are problematic and need negotiation.
Harassment Complaint Register
- In a secure and private manner, report and track harassment complaints and details for all employees to ensure that proper harassment procedures are followed in your company.
- Set up and maintain payroll calculations easily and hassle-free using an extensive library of pre-created payroll controls (units of calculations). Customize calculations for your unique set of needs to support your unions or employee agreements.
- Manage direct deposit process by efficiently generating EFT files—in formats supported by the majority of banks in North America—directly from the Payroll Journals and updating the status on payroll entries to match remittance numbers and statuses as files are submitted to the bank.
Direct/Indirect Cost Allocations
- Use payroll controls to effectively and accurately allocate indirect employee costs according to timesheets and salary allocations
Employee Payroll Allocations
- Set up allocations that can be applied to the overall employee rather than just one or more assignments, providing you with greater control and flexibility over the payroll allocations process.
Pay Control Allocations
- Set up allocations that are Payroll Control-specific in a convenient way in order to override G/L posting or create a percentage allocation across specific calculations.
- Validate your payroll accurately and reliably by running validation to review and resolve all errors reported before finalizing a pay run.
Difference in Pay Analysis
- Use tools to analyze a particular payroll or calculation (such as net pay) by making comparisons to a prior period and identifying the difference over a particular threshold, which provides better visibility into your payroll and helps reduce potential errors.
Employee and Manager Self-Service
Employee Self-Management with Profile, Attendance Balances, Pay Statements, and Tax Forms
- Give employees access to HR information to create a more efficient way to communicate and update data. This includes providing the ability to update personal information, view absence balances, make time off requests, view pay statements, complete assigned tasks, review qualifications and training details, and download tax forms.
Manager Self-Management with My Team, Appraisals, and HR Requisitions
- Provide managers with access to HR data in order for them to make effective decisions in a fast and easy way. This includes access to HR Requisitions, upcoming and pending appraisals, pending attendance approvals, and pending tasks for all direct and indirect reports
Advanced Workforce Reporting
- Retrieve live data and load the formatted content into Excel using this flexible reporting tool. Report designers have the freedom to create reports using Jet Reports.
- Report viewers are able refresh existing reports with real-time data at any time to provide an up-to-the-minute view of vital information that is required to make important business decisions.
PSSD (Public Sector Salary Disclosure)
- Use the PSSD Export Tool to efficiently generate the required details for the PSSD list to be submitted.
- Use the OMERS Integration to generate the required files for OMERS in an easy and simple manner.
- Use the Parklane integration to seamlessly create employee records and synchronize these records with Parklane.
CSB (Canada Savings Bond)
- Use the CSB Export Tool to export CSB contributions.
Manage - Workforce Optional Modules
Templates and Schedule Management
- Make your scheduling process more efficient and organized by defining templates and creating staff schedules by scheduling unit or location, establishing business rules, and posting created schedules for staff to view in real-time. To gain visibility into and control overtime costs, establish warnings and notify staff of schedule changes that may cause an overtime condition or exceed labor or union agreements.
- Schedule preferred staff members based on a comprehensive set of employee information, such as availability, seniority, priority, and orientation to a particular unit, as this set of information helps you make prudent and informed scheduling decisions.
Shift Offers or Bids
- Take the headache out of filling vacant shifts by posting open shifts to the schedule and accepting bids from staff members who would like to pick up extra shifts.
- Supervisors can review and select a desired candidate from multiple bids and the system will notify all bids with the results.
Schedule Confirmation and Approval
- Eliminate retroactive changes to the payroll by reminding employees and managers about schedule confirmations automatically through email before the schedule is processed by payroll.
Time Entry Activities
- Establish the activities that your staff use for categorizing their time on a timesheet, as this provides you with flexibility and freedom to configure the information you wish to collect from your staff.
Time Entry and Approval
- Make your time entry process more efficient and traceable by using workflow approvals to notify managers of timesheets that have been submitted for approval.
Integration with Payroll
- Load approved timesheet entries directly into payroll without any reformatting, and take all allocation data for different departments, cost centers, or dimensions along with them, as this creates a seamless timesheet to payroll experience and reduces manual effort and human errors
- Gain control and visibility over training by scheduling training events for employees and tracking the events that employees are scheduled for. Print documents for attendees and use communication tools to communicate with them, track results, and automatically update employees’ qualifications when they complete the training.
Employee Training Register
- Easily register employees for training events or provide flexibility for employees to register themselves.
Integration with Qualifications
- This integration enables your solution to automatically update qualifications on employee profiles after successful completion of training to reduce your administrative workload.
Integration with Scheduling
- Use this integration to prevent employees from being scheduled for shifts during training events, as this improves the scheduling experience and eliminates double-booking.
- Experience a smooth recruitment process by creating Job Requisitions, and calculate weighted scores for applicants using scores and weighted qualifications.
- Effortlessly convert applicant records to employee records when hiring new employees, and migrate applicant affiliations, references, and experience data to new employee profiles.
Workforce Business Intelligence
- Gain rich insight in order to make smart workforce-related decisions by reviewing HR data in dashboard format. Drilldown into details such as FTE status by period, absence analysis, and assignment details for your organization.