Connecting to the Sandbox environment
1. Open the DVD and run setup.
2. Click Next.
3. Click I accept.
4. Click on Choose an installation option.
5. Click on Customize under Client.
6. Expand Client, right click client and run from Computer.
7. Right click Microsoft Office Excel Add-in and run from computer.
8. Fill in the Server Name, Service Name, and the Client Services Port fields.
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and change the Credential Type from Windows to UserName.
10. Fill in the DNS Identity and Help Server fields.
11. Click Apply and wait for it to finish. This will setup the NAV client to connect to the Sandbox environment.
Connecting to the PROD environment
Follow these instructions to connect to the PROD environment:
1. After you open NAV client, click on the down arrow in the top left corner.
2. Click Select Server.
3. Re-enter your credentials.
4. Change the server address to the following and click OK.
5. Re-enter your credentials again.
The config file location is: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\