Schedule 10 Features
- The report produces data in Ministry format for Schedule 10, 10.1, 10.2, 10A, 10B.
- Schedules 10.1 and 10.2 include administration staff prorated over Elementary and Secondary in proportions defined by you.
- The report is Excel based and powered by Jet Professional or Jet Essentials.
- No intermediate steps are required: no account schedules, no downloads, no cut and paste.
- The report can be run as often as required until results are satisfactory.
The report comes with three compelling error trapping features that will reduce the chance of sending erroneous date to the Ministry of Education. These features are:
1. Coding errors. The Ministry pattern of shading is duplicated in this report such that coding errors are readily apparent. In this example one can see four errors that need correction. Such corrections can be made in the G/L and the report re-run as often as needed:
2. Total errors. The report compares the grand total from Schedule 10 with the grand total of expenses from the general ledger to show expenses that should be on the report but are not.
3. 10.1 – 10.2 Miscoding. The third error check compares the sum of Schedules 10.1 and 10.2 with Schedule 10 in total.
How to use the Schedule 10 Report:
- Download the Schedule 10 from the Customer Resource Portal (under category Altus Foundation Pack).
- Before running it for the first time you must adapt the package to your unique set of accounts and dimensions.
- Complete the Questionnaire for your school board. It asks about which accounts to include, which Dimensions hold row and column information, what percentage of Administration is allocated to Elementary and Secondary, and how your board determines what to include in 10A and 10B.
- If you would like to update the report by yourself, using your set of accounts and dimensions, please follow the instructions from the Options tab available in the file you have downloaded. Otherwise, send the completed Questionnaire back to Altus where one of the staff will customize the Schedule 10 report for your board. This needs to be done only once ever unless you restructure your accounts or dimensions.
- When you receive your Schedule 10 you are ready to go!