With Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, you can link to a file (such as file name types doc, tif, or jpg), folder, or website. For example, you may want to link an invoice to a sales quote. This gives you the flexibility to access relevant information quickly.
Linking to Records
To link to a document, folder, or website, follow these steps:
- On the Navigation Pane, click Home and then click Sales Orders.
- Check that the Links FactBox is displayed. If not, follow these steps:
- Click the Application Menu > Customize > Customize This Page.
- Click FactBoxes.
- Select the Links FactBox from the Available FactBoxes list, and then click Add.
- Click OK to close the Customize This Page window.
- Select any sales order, for example 101017, and then click Edit.
- On the Home tab in the ribbon, click Links.
- Click Actions, and then click New.
- In the Link Address field, type the URL.
- In the Description field, type a descriptive name for the link.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the Sales Order page.
- On the Sales Orders page, with the order still selected, notice that in the Links FactBox, the link that you have just created is displayed.