Users may need to open an Allocation posting batch before the batch can be released. An allocation batch is required when employment costs need to be allocated to multiple dimensions using assignment allocations or payroll control allocations. Some of the steps will depend on the user’s ability to release or re-open the batch before completing the payroll process.
To process payroll when an allocation posting batch is required:
1. User opens the Calculation Batch as per regular process
2. User performs all regular tasks to prepare the batch prior to calculating
- Pre-Load, Get time entries, Get schedule, Get Employee Allocations etc.
- Make all manual adjustments as needed
- Calculate Gross to Net
3. Review Gross to Net Results
NOTE: At this point the Cheque Print functionality is available but controls are in place to ensure the Release function has been executed and is successful (NO CRITICAL ERRORS EXIST).
4. Open Allocation Batch
5. Release Batch. This action is restricted to specific users based on user setup. For setup details please refer to the following section: Payroll Journal Release and Re-Open
- Review / correct errors
NOTE: Critical errors will prevent cheques from being printed in the Calculation Batch
e. Once all errors are corrected, the process from Step 4 needs to be performed again.
6. Re-Open Batch. If the user decides that payroll should not proceed, then the user must re-open the batch, which disallows the printing of cheques or deposit slips.
7. Once the batch is successfully released the user can then close the allocation Batch and proceed to print cheques
- After the Allocation Batch is released, either the regular user or the user with Release/Re-Open privileges can finalize the pay run
- If a user makes any changes to a journal line, the releasing of the batch will need to be performed again (Repeat steps 4 and 5)
8. Print Cheques user selects the option Cheques or Pay Stubs (This step locks the Payroll Journal Lines)
9. When applicable, Direct Deposit export
10. When applicable, Direct Deposit transmit
11. Open Allocation Posting Batch
12. Post Payroll