You will need to perform some initial setup steps before you can begin using email to send documents electronically to clients or vendors.
Completing the SMTP Mail Setup
Use SMTP Mail Setup to configure the SMTP settings to be used for emailing together with the sender name and email address.
To perform the SMTP Mail set up:
- Click Tell Me and search for SMTP Mail Setup. Select the page from the drop-down list.
The SMTP Mail Setup page displays.
- Complete the following:
- In the SMTP Server field, enter your SMTP Server IP or name. (This information may already be provided.)
- In the SMTP Server Port field, enter your SMTP port number. (Typically 25 for plain text or more normally 587 for secure e.g. TLS)
- In the Authentication field, select the authentication method that you want to use.
- In the User ID field, the User ID to be associated with this mail setup. This is optional and is based on the method of authentication selected. (For example, if you selected Anonymous or NTLM, then a user ID and password are not required, and these fields are not editable.)
- In the Password field, enter the Password to be associated with this mail setup. This is optional and is based on the method of authentication selected. (For example, if you selected Anonymous or NTLM, then a user ID and password are not required, and these fields are not editable).
- Turn on the Secure Connection slider if a secure connection is required.
- In the Sender Name field, specify a default sender name.
Note: Some systems including Office 365 ignore this text and use the name associated with the Sender Email Address in their settings.
- In the Sender Email Address field, specify a default sender email address.
Note: This Sender Email Address requires the SMTP User ID to be configured with Send As permissions.
Configuring Report Layouts
To configure or modify the report layouts both for printing email attachment, and email body, you need to use different Report Selection pages per document type:
- Report Selection - Sales for Customer Statement, Posted Sales Invoices and Credit Memos
- Report Selection - Purchase for Purchase Quote and Purchase Order
- Report Selection - Other for Cash Receipts
For more information on how to set up the email body, please refer to the EFT Process in Sparkrock 365.
Setting Document Sending Profiles
On the Document Sending Profiles page, set up different sending profiles that you can select from in the Document Sending Profile field on a vendor or customer card. You can select the Default check box to specify that the document sending profile is the default profile for all vendors and customers, except for the ones where the Document Sending Profile field is filled with another sending profile.
To set up a document sending profile:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Sending Profiles, and then choose the related link.
- On the Document Sending Profiles page, choose the New action.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
Setting Custom Document Sending Profiles
This is an optional step and is done when you want a customer or vendor to have a different document sending profile from the default.
To specify a custom sending profile on a customer card:
- Choose the icon, enter Vendors or Customers, and then choose the related link.
- Open the card of the vendor or customer who you want to set up a sending profile.
- In the Document Sending Profile field, select a profile that you have set up as described in the previous procedure.