Company Information Setup
Before you start to configure Vendor T4As, you need to specify that your localization is Canada and configure information specifically for your company.
- Click Tell Me and search for Company Information. Select the page from the drop-down list.
The Company Information page displays.
- In the Localization field, choose Canada.
Tip: If the Localization field does not display, click Show More in the top right corner of the FastTab.
- Expand the Vendor T4A FastTab.
- Complete the Vendor T4A Fields.
The telephone number format required is 3 numeric, followed by (-) and 4 numeric (for example, 999-9999). The T4A Transmitter No. field must be in the format MM + 6 numeric. For example: MM555555.
- If you are filing one return only and do not have an existing Transmitter number please use generic transmitter number MM555555 to file this return. If you wish to obtain a Transmitter number, please call Revenue Canada 1-800-665-5164 to obtain one.
- If you will be filing more than one return, please use the Transmitter (MM) number that Revenue Canada assigned to you. If you do not have a transmitter number and will be filing more than 1 return, please call Revenue 1-800-665-5164 to obtain one.
Follow the steps below to configure which users can change Vendor T4A information on posted purchase invoice and posted credit memo lines.
- Click Tell Me and search for User Setup. Select the page from the drop-down list.
The User Setup page displays.
- Select the user that will be running the T4As, and from the Action Bar, click Edit List to make the list non-editable. Click on the User ID.
The User Setup card displays.
- Expand the Finance and Procurement FastTab.
- Set the Allow Edit T4A slider to Yes.
Vendor Card Setup
For each vendor that will be getting a T4A from Finance:
- Click Tell Me and search for Vendors. Select the page from the drop-down list.
The Vendors list displays.
- Select the vendor that you want to configure and from the Action Bar click Edit.
The Vendor Card displays.
- Specify the Partner Type in the Payments FastTab to indicate if this vendor is a person or a company.
- Expand the Vendor Reporting FastTab.
- Turn on the T4A Vendor slider.
- Complete the First Name and Last Name/Company Name fields.
Note: If the T4A vendor is a business entity, the business name has to appear in the Last Name field.
- Complete the BN Number field. Use the format: <9 digits>RP<4 digits>.
Purchase Invoice Page Setup
Make sure that the T4A column is visible on the Purchase Invoice page's Invoice line:
- Click Tell Me and search for Purchase Invoices. Select the page from the drop-down list.
The Purchase Invoices page displays.
- Open a purchase invoice.
The Purchase Invoice card displays.
- Click on the Lines FastTab, and from the Command Bar, click Settings > Personalize.
The Personalize menu displays.
- Click More and from the expanded menu click + Field.
The Add Field To Page menu displays on the right side of the screen.
- Locate the T4A Box field and drag it to the Lines FastTab.
tip: Use the Search box to filter the Add Field to Page menu.
- When working on the invoice you must select the T4A Box for the line:
- Configure your Vendor T4A boxes. This is the list you will see when choosing the box for your invoice line.
- Click OK when finished.
View or Edit Vendor T4As Information
Use the following pages when working with T4As:
- T4A Posted Purch. Inv. Lines: use this page to view, add or remove the T4A flag and select T4A boxes for the applicable posted purchase invoice lines.
- Print Vendor T4A: use this page to print a pdf T4A.
- Export Vendor T4A to XML: use this page to create the export file for AP T4A.
Note: You will need Sparkrock assistance for the schema. Open a support case for this.
- Vendor T4A codes: use this page to create your T4A box list.