Use the Additional Assignment reason code when adding an additional assignment to an employee who already has an assignment. For example, a part-time nurse who is also employed part-time as a custodian. Or a teacher who is teaching in two different schools.
To add employee assignments:
Create the HR Request Header
- Click Tell Me and Search for HR Requests. Select the page from the drop-down list.
The HR Request List displays.
- From the Action Bar, click New.
A new HR Request page displays.
- Either click directly into the HR Reason Code field to allow the number to automatically populate, or select the number series you wish to use from the No. field.
- In the HR Reason Code field, select Additional Assignment.
- In the Effective Date field, select the date when the new assignment begins.
- In the Employee No. field, specify the employee number that corresponds to this HR Request.
Create the HR Request Body
- On the Action Bar, click Action > Details.
- The HR Request Details page displays.
- In the Assignment Start Date field, specify the date when the new assignment becomes effective.
Note: This defaults from the Effective Date if entered in the HR Request Header page.
- In the HR Position Code field, specify the new job position being assigned to the employee.
- Expand the Payroll FastTab.
- In the Pay Grid Code field, select the pay grid for the new assignment from the drop-down list.
- In the Pay Grade field, select the employee's pay grade for the new assignment.
- In the Pay Step field, select the assignment's pay step.
- In the HR Company Code field, choose a company from the drop-down list.
- In the HR Pay Code field, select the assignment's HR Pay Code from the drop-down list.
- Expand and complete the Assignment Allocations FastTab if an employee’s assignment should be divided into multiple dimensions. For each allocation, select the Account Set Code from the drop-down list and specify a value in the Amount field.
- Expand the Assignment Allowances FastTab.
Use the Assignment Allowances FastTab to enter earnings that an employee might receive, but will not have a specific assignment for. For example, a stipend for a cell phone.
- In the Allowance Code field, choose the appropriate code from the drop-down list box.
- Complete the Start Date and End Date fields and (optionally) provide a description.
- Specify the allowance amount in the Total Amount field.
- Click Close.
- Process the HR Request.