Running the Process
To run the process:
- Click Tell Me and search for Post Payroll Liabilities and select the page from the drop-down list.
The Post Payroll Liabilities to Accounts Payable dialog displays.
- To create a vendor payable for a specific HR Deduction Code, enter a filter in the Code field.
- To create a vendor payable for a certain vendor, enter a filter in the Payable Vendor No. field.
- To create a vendor payable for a certain payable posting option, specify a filter in the Payable Posting Option field.
- In the Date Filter field, enter a date range you want to run the process for in the format MMDDYY. For example, 083019.
This could be from one day after the last payroll period to the end of the current payroll period or the start of a month and the end of a month (i.e. 080119..083019).
- Click OK.
When the process completes it returns a message saying how many invoices were created:
Deduction Ledger Entries
After the Post Payroll Liabilities to Accounts Payable process runs, it updates the Deduction Ledger Entries if that HR Deduction Code met the filter criteria from the report request page and Posted to A/P is TRUE. This prevents the same Deduction Ledger Entry from being sent to a Vendor Ledger multiple times.
Vendor Ledger Entries
You can view the result of the Post Payroll Liabilities to Accounts Payable process on the Vendor Ledger Entries page:
- The Vendor Ledger Entry's Vendor No. comes from the Payable Vendor No. field on the HR Deduction Code page.
- The Vendor Ledger Entry's Document No. comes from a Number Series field on the Advanced HR Setup page.
- The Vendor Ledger Entry 's External Document No. is determined by the Payable Posting Option field on the HR Deduction Setup page.
- The Vendor Ledger Entry's Payment Method Code is determined by the Payment Method Code of the Vendor associated with the HR Deduction Code.