Microsoft Dynamics NAV Version
This release is the first release for Dynamics NAV2013. It requires Microsoft platform hotfix 34475 as part of the installation of the software.
What has changed in Dynamics NAV 2013
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 includes a substantial number of enhancement and changes including Platform/Client Enhancements, User Productivity Enhancements and New Features as highlighted below.
A summary of the enhancements follows:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Application Clients
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 support 3 clients for access the applications.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client (formerly the Role Tailored Client)
- This is a full client for power users
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client
- This is a light client for occasional users or external resources
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV SharePoint client
- This is a light client for employee access
NOTE: It is important to note that the Classic client is no longer supported.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Service Types
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 enhancements to services types include:
- SOAP web services
- SOAP web services allow full flexibility for building operation-centric services.
- OData web services
- OData services are recommended for client applications that require a uniform, flexible, general purpose.
- NAS services
- NAS services are a middle-tier server component that executes business logic without a user interface or user interaction. NAS services are intended for task scheduling, client offloading, and specialized integration scenarios.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV User Productivity Enhancements
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 user productivity enhancements include:
- The Action Pane redesigned as the ribbon to optimize the use of the actions and commands by providing easier access.
- The ribbon is organized into tabs and groups and contains commands that are important to the user in a given context.
- FastTabs and FactBoxes page actions are now available from a toolbar that is located at the top of the part.
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Ability to user to customize the ribbon to suit individual needs.
- Additional Views on Ledger Entries
- All ledger entries are added to History on department pages to let you create custom views on role centers.
- Call-to Options
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV now uses the telephone client that is the default provider on the computer that is running the RoleTailored client
- Filtering Enhancements.
- Filters can be now be used on lines of a document.
- Select All
- You can select all lines in a grid and use the options in the shortcut menu on all lines.
- Copy/Paste Rows
- You can copy and paste rows.
- Quick Entry
- Mark “Quick Entry” field for faster date entry with the Enter key.
- Message Bar on Top
- You will always find error messages and warnings at the top of a page that you are working on regardless of where on the page the error occurred.
- Select the message to go directly to the error.
- Integration of Technical White Papers to Help
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Inventory Costing
- Supply Planning
- Item Tracking
- Dimension Set Entries
Microsoft Dynamics NAV New Features (highlights)
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 new features most applicable to the Altus Dynamics clients and solution are:
- RapidStart Services for Dynamics NAV
- Financial Management
- G/L Entry Table Locking Redesign
- Dimension Entry Storing and Posting Redesign
- Cash Flow
- Background Posting (Sales and Purchase)
- Dynamics CRM Integration
- Support for both CRM 4.0 and 2011
- User Collaboration Tools
- OneNote Integration
- Link Sharing
- Skype & Lync Integration
- Business Intelligence and KPIs
- Chart enhancements and improvements
- Finance Performance chart
- Excel Integration
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Licensing
Microsoft Licensing for the solution has changed and existing BRL and MBL licensing structures will be transitions to the new licensing structure in NV 2013.
For a detailed mapping of your existing licensed capabilities to new licensing capabilities, please contact the client success team.