Introduction to Web Apps 2016
We have begun a process of converting over the User Interface (UI) for our Web Apps solution from the legacy look and feel to a new design that takes into account better usability and updated interface. Specific pages are converted to the new user interface with each release. All other pages are fully available through the new menu and are presented in the current legacy look and feel.
Web Apps 2016 Page Changes
A number of pages have been converted to the new user interface. Each page has been updated with substantial design and usability enhancements. With the current release the pages converted year to date to the new interface include:
Menu & Navigation
Finance & Purchasing
Employee Self Service
Manager Self Service
A number of new features are available with this release.
Multicurrency Support for Purchase Requisitions and Payment Requests
Users can now enter Purchase Requisitions or Payment Requests in foreign currencies.
Expenses & Claims
The Expense Claims have been converted to the new user interface with multiple improvements in the functionality.
- Introducing the concept of expenses as a step before the claim.
- Line level attachments with drag and drop.
- Multi-currency support on line level.
- Ability to hide budget information for employees.
- Warning messages on expense claim lines visible on both Web Apps and NAV.
New and improved Absence Management with multiple usability enhancements that enable employees to easily see their balances, enter absence requests, and view these requests with their statuses in a calendar view. Managers can approve or delegate the approval of absence requests and enter requests on behalf of employees that report to them.
Absence Confirmation is a new process that enables the employees to confirm their absence and allows the managers to view these confirmations and confirm the information on their end.
Timesheet and Timesheet Approval have been converted to the new user interface with multiple improvements in the functionality. In addition, we have:
- Added a Timesheet Print View.
- Improved the look and feel and the Timesheet Approval page from list to tile.
ADFS Authentication Support
We now support ADFS authentication as a separate authentication method. Customers can choose whether they want to use the existing authentication methods or ADFS.
New Email Body Format for Finance Requests
Purchase Requisitions, Payment Requests, and Expense Claim have new and improved email body format on the messages generated by Web Apps.
We have added some enhancements to Location Scheduling on the old user interface:
- The ability to confirm timesheets line by line
- Hiding the Create Shift button from list view
- Start and End Time filter on Approve Location Timesheet
- Indicator on the menu link for the number of open Change Requests per supervisor