Employee Scheduling Updates
The following changes and improvements were made to the Employee Scheduling module:
- Import/Export schedule templates: You can export and import schedule templates from one company to another, from one database to another. You can easily set up and test schedules in QA/pre-production and transfer them to Production when ready.
- Change shift date: You can now enable employees and/or supervisors to change the date on a shift. You can limit this change to either the current week or current pay cycle.
- Shift lists: The Created By and Create Date Time fields have been added to shift lists for audit tracking purposes.
- Configurable week start day: Employee Scheduling now supports week start date of Sunday instead of Monday.
- New cause of absence: When adding or deleting a cause of absence on an Attendance Plan, users can update the related Employee Attendance Plan lines.
- New UTC Offset field: A UTC Offset field was added to the Area card. This field specifies the time zone offset to calculate the correct date and time.
- Shift Trading Add-on: With this new feature, unit employees can propose a trade to another member of the same unit to exchange their shifts. The recipient of the request can accept or decline it, and the supervisor is the final arbiter of whether the trade will take place or not. This feature gives the staff the opportunity to arrange adjustments to their own schedules, reducing the burden on the supervisor.
For more information, see Shift Trading.
Note: This feature is offered as an add-on.
- Employee Created Shifts: Non-supervisory employees can be empowered to create shifts for time that has not been scheduled. The new shift must be reviewed and accepted by a supervisor using the change request mechanism. This capability can be controlled on a unit and an individual employee basis.
For more information, see Employee Scheduling - Creating a New Shift.
- Shift change requests for shift date: Companies that have flex time can allow employees or supervisors to change the date of their shifts within the week or pay cycle. This ability is configured on a per-unit basis.
Default lunch break (unpaid)
Employee Scheduling administrators can configure default unpaid lunch breaks that automatically reduce the duration of the shift. Adding unpaid activities to shifts to track lunch is no longer needed. You can set a minimum shift duration below which the lunch break is not deducted.
- A Default Lunch Break (Hours) field has been added to the Schedule Unit card.
- A Employee Lunch Break (Hours) field has been added to the Schedule Unit Employee card. By default this uses the value from Default Lunch Break (Hours), and can be modified for unit employees.
A Time Clocking FastTab has been added to the Schedule Setup page. This feature will be expanded in a future release. This FastTab includes:
- Enable Software Time Clocking boolean.
- Punch Time Tolerance field: the number of minutes that an assigned employee can be late without penalty.
- Time Adjustment field: the number of minutes to increment pay times.
Payroll Administration Updates
The following changes and improvements were made to the Payroll Administration module:
OTIP Payroll Response File
Ontario Employer Health Tax (EHT)
- ON Employer Health Tax now has the necessary structure to allow configuration and calculation of the Ontario Employer Health Tax (EHT) in the payroll journal.
- Added the Dimension for Work Type field to the Altus HR Setup window.
- For more information, see Ontario Employer Health Tax.
New Payroll Method Steps
- A new method step 2702 has been created to help with FMLA calculations. This method step uses a base amount to select the payroll control(s) to be considered, filters the Payroll Ledger Entries for the same pay cycle one year before, and then totals up the value in the Payroll Amount and returns the result into the current payroll control.
- A new method step 2703 AMOUNT IS EMP RATE PPED finds an employee rate within the month where the Pay Period End Date falls.
Employee & Manager Self-Service Updates
The following changes and improvements were made to the Employee & Manager Self-Service module:
- Added a Team Calendar tab which allows managers to see absence requests for their direct employees.
- You can now access employee balances via a link from an absence request to simplify review.
- A new check box on the Altus HR Setup card, Show All Employees on Hire, allows managers to select an employee from the full list of employees, not just the ones report to that manager.
- Certain functions have been converted to use Web Services.
- Web services for HR requisitions have been added to the EWA Load Standard Page setup routine.