Release 9.08SP1 is a Sparkrock service pack. It includes functional enhancements and defect corrections for existing features.
The following changes are included in this release:
Updates to Finance
The following features were added to the Finance module for version 9.08 SP1:
- The EFT Remittance print form has been improved to print your company logo and highlight (bold) the deposit amount.
- Printing the Accounts Payable T4A form now includes codes that are printed in the additional information part of the form.
- To support pooled asset depreciation, a new Pooled Asset field has been added to the standard Fixed Asset and Fixed Asset card and list pages.
Pooled Asset Depreciation is a way to calculate the depreciation loss for a group of similar assets that are “pooled” into a single unit. With pooled assets, depreciation is calculated for the group instead of individual assets.
The fixed assets system has been enhanced to allow you to depreciate (amortize) assets on a pooled basis, where the system uses the first of the month of each acquisition and the Depreciation Ending Date to determine the days remaining for each acquisition layer.
Purchases made to pooled assets even after the depreciation has been run will be considered if you re-run depreciation for the same period again. The new pooled asset feature is compatible with half-year convention as well. All purchases for the year to a pooled asset using half-year convention will be depreciated using a start date exactly at the half-way mark of the fiscal year, resulting in 180 days of depreciation no matter when the acquisition occurred.
The Description field in the journal has also been enhanced during the depreciation calculation so that you can better understand how the system calculated the depreciation amount.
- The Dimension Combination Code field is now available on the G/L Budget Entries pages. The Dimension Combination Codes transfer from the budget adjustment journal to the posted entries, and you can also use the Dimension Combination Codes if budgets are directly entered.
- New web services for options on posted Purchase Invoices and archived Purchase Orders have been added.
Defects Corrected in Finance
The following Finance defects were resolved in version 9.08 SP1:
|CAS-16290-GBHU||The Cancel action from the Purchase/Payment/Expense list and card page Ribbon allowed users to cancel documents that were in progress.|
Purchase Credit Memos observes the penny rounding reconciliation completed in the original Purchase Invoice and the Adjust Penny Rounding setting in Purchase & Payables Setup when in Copy Document and Get Posted Lines to Reverse mode.
When the Adjust Penny Rounding flag is disabled and the Purchase Credit Memo mode is Get Posted Lines to Reverse, NAV displays a tax difference error, even though it was reconciled at the Purchase Invoice stage. You need to use the Statistics form to reconcile the Purchase Credit Memo. This is due to the Get Posted Lines to Reverse mode providing the user with the capability of crossing multiple lines/Purchase Invoices for when a penny rounding issue is relevant.
|Deleting a Purchase Order with receipt lines reset the Purchase Request line status to Approved.
Purchase Orders that are linked to a Purchase Requisition can no longer be deleted if the Purchase Order has receipts or invoices linked to it.
|CAS-16056-W6C3||Printed checks were truncated in cases where vendors have a long name. The text box for the vendor name has been enlarged.|
|1700||The charitable donation receipt form was not printing correctly.|
|CAS-15918-X1C9||When posting a deposit, the dimension combination code from the line was also transferred to the bank account.|
|CAS-16084-Z6N0||The Trial Balance Detail/Summary reports printed an extra page at the end of the report.|
|CAS-15210-Q1R6||Vendor invoice numbers were being truncated when printing check stubs.
|1871||Using the Change Vendor options on the Purchase Order did not retain options information when either the Pay-to Vendor or Buy-from Vendor have been changed.|
|1758||The Status field in the header of Purchase Requests and the Status field in the lines sometimes displays inconsistent values.|
|CAS-16318-V6C7||Expense Type information was not being retained when the dimension combination code is changed on Purchase Order, Purchase Invoice or Purchase Credit Memo lines.|
|With some combinations, the Category drop-down and/or the search box in the Expense Type selection dialog was not filtering the rows correctly when user security filters were also defined.|
When a Purchase Invoice is deleted the reference to it on the Purchase Requisition line is removed.
When you reopen a Purchase Invoice linked to a Purchase Requisition, the status on the Purchase Requisition line no longer changes to PI Created.
Updates to Workforce
The following features were added to the Workforce module for version 9.08 SP1:
- Options on the Entitlement Type drop-down were renamed to Blank, Years of Service, and Fixed Amount. This aligns the list options with the naming on the Cause of Absence card.
- A problem with the Absence Team Calendar which led to some records being missing from the monthly view has been corrected by narrowing the set of records that are requested from the database. It is still possible that some records will be missing if there are more than 1,000 active absence requests within the month. In such a case the weekly view can be used to get a smaller set of records.
- When validating schedule and schedule templates, Scheduling Administrators can now see a warning if a position is blocked when no positions have been linked to the schedule unit, or if positions have been assigned to a schedule unit that a position has been removed.
- The Fill Shift and Replace Shift actions have been added to the Schedule template card to allow shift editing directly from the card without opening a shift.
- When using the Split Shift function, references to the Absence Request(s) are removed.
- When manually adding lines to the Payroll Journal, the Work Type Code field now automatically populates according to setups. If the Payroll Setup page's Dimension for Work Type field is populated, then manually entering a payroll journal line causes the value of the Employee No., HR Position Code, and Payroll Control Code fields to set the Work Type Code field.
If the Payroll Setup page's Dimension for Work Type field is empty, then the payroll journal line's Work Type Code field is populated based on the Employee's default Work Type Code.
- The Pay Type field is now editable when using the Edit Entry action from the Employee Assignment page.
- Training Administrators can now see the employee's first and last name separately on training pages and filter or search by first or last name.
Defects Corrected in Workforce
The following Finance defects were resolved in version 9.08 SP1:
|1733||A change made to the Ontario College of Teachers integration caused an error.|
|CAS-14435-N7Z2||The Schedule Shifts page was incorrectly filtered.
The Employee No. filter was added to Get Schedule Entries to allow you to select the employee number from a list, instead of manually entering it in the Schedule Unit Line Shift Activity FastTab.
|CAS-16018-W8R7||Shift with absence requests were not included on the Pending tab.|
|CAS-15061-W9H8||When updating the sequence in an existing attendance plan, there was no way to ensure that all employees fitted with the same plan are refreshed with the new sequencing attributes.
To correct this, the Update Employee Attendance Plan Lines action was added to Attendance Plans. You can use this action to update the sequencing on the related employee attendance plan lines when the sequencing has been updated on the plan.
|CAS-15920-R2J2||While running the Absence EOY Carry Forward process, you cannot limit the process to a specific cause of absence.
The Absence EOY Carry Forward function can now be filtered by one or more Cause of Absence codes. This allows the function to be run at different times of the year for different Cause of Absence codes.
|1355||The payroll validation process incorrectly required a value for the Ins. Earnings Pay Ctrl. Code field.|
|CAS-15003-R1F7||Overview by Period Matrix incorrectly included denied absence requests.|
|CAS-16141-R4N5||The Schedule Template's Copy Shift function was incorrectly picking the target range, which resulted in multiple copies of a shift where only one was wanted.|
|1664||The Profile page was not available for drill-down from the My Team page.|
|1722||Shifts with a requested absence did not display in the Pending filter on the Unit Schedule page.|
When adding a cause of absence to an employee’s Time and Attendance page, the values for Show Balances on the Master card does not flow through to the Employee Time & Attendance page. Additionally, when refreshing the list, the new entry is placed at the bottom of the list.
|1741||Shifts with pending Supervisor actions did not open with the corresponding action controls when accessed by clicking the shift on the Unit Schedule's calendar view.|
|1872||The Details portion of an HR Request which does not include a Calculation Start Date, (such as type 90-TERMINATION and 60-PAYROLL ENTRY) did not save correctly.|
|1800||When splitting shifts, the shift record was not fully updated if a time clock in event had been recorded on the shift.|
Changing the Employee Position on a shift by both Schedule Administrators and Supervisors was not changing the Employee Position Entry No. This was causing issues with payroll where the wrong HR Position Ledger Entry was used.
The validation process has been enhanced to error out when the Employee Position does not match the position related to the Employee Position Entry No. on the shift.
Report 23020254 Update Shift Employee Position can be used to update the Employee Position Entry No. with the HR Position Ledger Entry No. of the active assignment that matches the position on the shift. If more than one active assignments found with the same position, the report will not provide an update. Such records will error out during validation and have to be corrected manually.
The report needs to be run through the development client.
|CAS-16029-W4K6||On the Shift card, in some cases the wrong dimensions displayed for the activities.|
|1809||When an Request Absence was used for a shift, if the Unit Supervisor changed the Cause of Absence before approval, that change was not applied to the generated absence request.|
The following tables have been added in version 9.08 SP1:
- 23032415: Time Entry Activity
- 23032416: Time Entry User Group
- 23032417: Time Entry Unit
- 23032418: TE Unit Position
- 23032419: TE Unit Position Activity
- 23032420: TE Unit Approval Route
- 23032421: Time Line
- 23032422: Time Line Detail
- 23032423: Time Approval Line
- 23032424: Time Line Archive
- 23032425: Time Line Detail Archive
- 23032426: Time Entry Email Log